BUZZER BEATER

first_img[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=”][av_heading heading=’BUZZER BEATER ‘ tag=’h3′ style=’blockquote modern-quote’ size=” subheading_active=’subheading_below’ subheading_size=’15’ padding=’10’ color=” custom_font=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=”]BY ADRIAN STEWART CO[/av_heading][av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” admin_preview_bg=”]Bullying prompts UAAP Junior’s return to provinceBLIND ITEM: A high school basketball prospect curiously went back to his hometown after being recruited by a top UAAP Juniors basketball squad earlier this year. A source told Buzzer Beater that the high school prospect decided to let go of a chance to play in a big league as he was constantly being bullied by his teammates.“Nag-decide na siyang umuwi muna dito sa province kasi hindi na niya makayanan iyong ginagawa sa kanyang pambu-bully doon sa school na nag-recruit sa kanya,” said the source.“Oo nga, pangarap ng ninumang mga probisyanong atleta na makalaro sa Maynila kasi chance iyan para maiahon niya sa hirap ang pamilya niya, pero minsan napipilitan ka rin na isantabi iyan kung aping-api ka na.”While the high school basketball prospect has not totally given up on his dream to play in Manila, they will not return to that school anymore, the source said.“Bukas pa naman siya sa paglalaro sa Manila pero siguro after high school na,” said the source. “Magpapalakas muna siya sa probinsya, doon sa dati niyang school, para pagbalik niya sa Manila, hindi na siya babasta-bastahin.”“Pero iyon lang ang sabi ni (player), kahit ano’ng mangyari, kahit ano’ng offer noong dati niyang school, mapa-gift check sa mall nila o advantage card, hinding-hindi na siya babalik doon.”TIME FOR CHANGEAssociation of Boxing Alliances in the Philippines chair Ricky Vargas scored a huge knockout blow when a Pasig City court decided to nullify the victory of Jose Peping Cojuangco as the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) chairman and president.In a decision penned by Judge Maria Gracia Cadiz Casaclang, Pasig Regional Trial Court Branch 155 nullified last year’s POC polls and set a new election on Feb. 23.Vargas was supposed to run against Cojuangco during last year’s election but was disqualified by the POC Comelec due to his nonparticipation in the General Assembly in the last two years.Vargas and running mate Abraham Tolentino of cycling attempted to secure a temporary restraining order (TRO) from the court to negate the POC Comelec order but were denied. Cojuangco went on to get elected to a fourth straight term.“I am much relieved by the court decision. We fought on principle and now the NSAs are given the opportunity to choose. This decision now opens up the democratic process,” Vargas said in an interview.“I don’t want to divide, I only want to unify,” he said. “When we failed to secure a TRO for the POC election, we didn’t want to stop our fight for justice. All we wanted was to give the NSAs a choice. We wanted a democratic election.”“There are major undertakings ahead of us – the 2018 Asian Games and the 2019 Southeast Asian Games, which we’re hosting. Let’s get the election over with on Feb. 23, then we begin to do the hard work waiting for us,” he added.Cojuangco, who has been in the position since 2004, has not achieved much in his previous terms. Maybe it’s time to give the POC chairmanship to someone else./PN[/av_textblock][/av_one_full]last_img

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*