Kidnapping, Sexual Assault Trial Postponed Until April

first_imgFacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享Trial for local man accused of multiple kidnapping, sexual assault, and burglary charges has been postponed until April 6. The two incidents were linked through DNA testing, and are similar to a 2008 charge for criminal trespass. In that case, Heiman was convicted of illegally entering a home around 2:30am. A 23-year-old woman woke to find Heiman sitting at the end of her bed. According to police, she “freaked out” and woke her parents. Her father confronted the intruder, forcing him to flee. In November of 2013, Heiman allegedly attacked another woman; this time an 18-year-old was abducted from her apartment in Soldotna. The woman said Heiman entered her apartment around 4am and tied her up at knifepoint. She reported he had a head lamp in his hands. After he assaulted her in his truck, the woman was able to escape near Skyview High School. In the most recent charges, Heiman allegedly broke into a cabin on Tobacco Lane on December 13, 2013. The 23-year-old female woke to find Heiman standing over her with a knife and a head lamp. She was able to escape to the residence of a nearby relative, but was traumatized by the incident. Heiman is in custody and has been since his December 13, 2013 arrest following the most recent case.center_img Also during that hearing the defense said they had not yet received some of the key audio from the state. The defense’s request for a 60 day continuance was granted last week. She identified him by name, as Heiman had been working for her family as a handyman and shut off the power to her cabin before the attack. In December Kenai Superior Judge Charles Huegelet retained his denial to the motion to sever two cases 39 year-old Shane Heiman was allegedly involved in and set a trial date for January 12.last_img

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*